Monday, January 13, 2014

19TH C French Chair

I was recently contacted by One Kings Lane to share my thoughts about a favorite statement chair from our home. It surprises me when I’m in conversation with friends and they haven’t heard of One Kings Lane? Wow!  If you haven’t stopped to visit their amazing site,  you can read about them here

I chose this old world 19thC French chair.  When I found the chair it was a torn and tattered mess.  You would think,   I would have thought to take a before picture, NOT!   The 19thC chair is now newly upholstered with a sand color Belgian Linen.   This gives me the versatility to accessorize with color and pattern,  if I chose to do so.

v living room 018

 

I love the classic look of neutrals on our upholstered pieces.

v living room 016

 

   I was especially attracted to its unique antique oak finish and oversized profile.

v living room 015

A very dear friend of mine,  Jennifer gave me this lovely 1956 grain sack.  When she showed it to me I wasn’t really too sure about this antique sack with it’s worn fabric and weathered look?  However,  one day it opened me up to something that I didn’t realize.  These imported sacks have become highly coveted.   I washed it to give it that soft feeling,  and made it into a pillow.   Now It’s one of my favorite pillow in our living room.

v living room 025

My husband and I love to repurpose antiques and vintage finds.  Some of our finds do look pretty battered,  I guess the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What’s old can become new again.

v living room 021

This stylish old world chair reflects my personal style.  I feel the beauty of a room comes with being pared down.

s chair 004

I selected larger sized antique nail heads,  spaced 1” apart. You like??

statement chair 021

Do you have questions about purchasing and reupholstering the perfect statement chair?  One Kings Lane has cleverly put together a resource page for home décor enthusiasts like us!

Are you curious about a special furniture piece that you have? Visit One Kings Lane  Home Décor Resource center.  You can find a lot of helpful insight such as:  Which era is your furniture from,  etc.


For general questions, please write to me at LaurieBlaswich@live.com

 

 

signiture

2 comments:

  1. Laurie, I love your style and the beauty of simplicity. I first read your blog when I saw your home as Cottage of the month on The Old Painted Cottage. Thank you so much for sharing your home, and your ideas.

    I visit your blog often and look forward to your posts.

    Best regards,
    Karen Boyce
    Karen.boyce@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, Thank you for your sincere comments, I really appreciate your support!!! It's so nice to hear from my lovely readers, it makes me smile :-)

    Fondly,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Bella Inspirations! I love reading your comments,thank you for taking the time to leave one!

Sincerely,
Laurie Blaswich