Wednesday, September 21, 2011

DECORATIVE pumpkins with velvet

As each September day passes it starts to feel more and more like fall. I just love the feeling in the air of the seasons changing. Here’s a sneak peak at my fall decor. I created a quick fall display with these handmade velvet pumpkins! They are crafted out of vintage velvets,  flea market finds. These vintage inspired pumpkins have become quite the blogging buzz.  It seems as though everywhere you turn someone is posting about it, they have become so popular you can even purchase them at Bloomingdales.

I just love the rich colorful fall colors . . .

pumpkins2

I filled my pumpkins with mostly rice (for a nice weighty feel) and a little batting. Remember to save your pumpkin stems for next year,  I was able to snag a few at our local pumpkin patch. But these babies are hard to find,  my favorite is the rich green color stem!!!! My heart be still . . .

pumpkins3

I made a few of my pumpkins kind of squatty, so they would look similar to the fresh fairytale pumpkins I love so much! 

 pumpkins1

Have you started your decorative fall juices flowing yet???

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

My dear friend and blogger extraordinar Jennifer has been featured in Better Homes and Gardens CHRISTMAS IDEAS. She  put together this amazing Christmas decor. I was really caught off guard when she selected my Etsy shop (Bella Inspirations) to be featured along with her special magazine feature. I am honored to be featured along with some incredibly talented artists, thank you Jennifer!!!

IMG

Tried and True Texture . . .

My hand woven ribbon and matelasse fabric tree skirts are stenciled “Oh Holy Night the stars are brightly shining.”

tree skirt

Do you have a vision of how you would like your home to look?

Do you need help putting it in motion?

For design inquires email me-n-you@verizon.net

sig2

8 comments:

  1. Oh, wow - these are amazing looking pumpkins! What a great idea that you executed so well!! Love these velvety finds. Happy Fall! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps...Congrats on the write-up in Better Homes & Garden!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie, love the pumpkin feature, many many years ago I use to make Green velvet apples :) LOve the pumpkins, and brown ones are so rich looking! Your feature in B/H I would love to see more of it, I will have to check out her featured spot with you included :)

    Thank you my sweetest friend, thank you for your beautiful visit.
    Love all that you inspire see you soon girlie!
    xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laurie! I love the pumpkins and that you used real stems. Beautiful! I'll be looking for the Christmas idea magazine and congrats on your tree skirt being included.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laurie! It's starting to feel like the holidays! Your pumpkins are fabulous! Love the stems...very nice touch! Congrats to you and Jennifer... can't wait to get my magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more from this web page, and your views are
    nice for new people.

    Feel free to visit my web-site ... quite

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent way of explaining, and fastidious post to obtain facts regarding my presentation
    topic, which i am going to present in academy.

    Here is my web site ... futuro left hand wrist brace

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Bella Inspirations! I love reading your comments,thank you for taking the time to leave one!

Sincerely,
Laurie Blaswich