Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Barr House #3

I stepped in to help my clients with some small redecorating jobs.  They have a very large island in their kitchen. Although their spacious kitchen was packed with style before,  it really was lacking a focal point. My plan is to redesign the island with custom moldings,  and provide additional lighting with a new hanging fixture.

(Kitchen before)

IMG_0004

Island before with proposed beadboard sample.

IMG_3611

We installed the beadboard on the surface of the island. . .  vertical to the floor, to stretch the space visually. The beadboard has a manufactured primer coat, and will  have to be painted. It looks good already, doesn’t it???

IMG_3715

Larger craftsman quality baseboards replaced the old smaller ones,  as well as other various moldings, that highlight the island and stone even more.

IMG_3727

The island is detailed with encased raised panels. 

IMG_3742

Now the island is ready for paint. . . 

Although my clients are in their golden years,  I was able to persuade them into a lovely rich brown color. Yep, you guessed it French Roast, it’s a little bit spicy for the older folks,  however,  I reassured them one way to elevate good style to great style is to embrace a bit of good drama. Yes, It’s the same color I used on my new built-in, just in case you were wondering. This color will give the island that pop we’re looking for!!!

IMG_3789

   This kitchen is truly a cook’s dream.  The custom center island with granite surface is perfect for preparing anything. Elegant stainless steel appliances with a six-burner range,  and double oven. A dual drawer dishwasher,  trash compactor and microwave.  I chose an iron oil-rubbed bronze fixture,  with hand crafted glass shades. My clients were concerned the size of the fixture would be too large, however, I think it suits the island nicely and they do, too! I have successfully transformed this classic designed kitchen island into an eye catching masterpiece,  and my clients are thrilled!

(Kitchen After)

IMG_3797 

Remember the barstools (seen below) in front of the island before. Well, we decided the island looked so amazing,  we didn’t want anything to block this focal point!

IMG_0004

So we removed the bar stools  . . . GONE!

IMG_3797

Stay tuned for more decorating changes occurring at the Barr’s house.

A shout out to all my new followers,  so nice to have you on board. The lucky winner of our Spring Basket Giveaway is Deborah at The Fairfield House. Congratulations!

 

Sending my wishes for a wonderful Easter Holiday to all of you.

Hope that bunny found his way to your home….

HAPPY  EASTER!!!

sig2

 

12 comments:

  1. Well done...I just love how such simple, easy ideas made the island stand out like the center show piece of the kitchen. So gorgeous! Love it!
    Best~
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie, The island turned out wonderful. This kitchen is similar to my own. We had plans to transform our island and I even bought the corbels. Now with the house on the market the project was scrapped. I do love how the island looks now.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie,

    Amazing how much more substantial the island looks by adding texture (beadboard and trim) and color. Love the outcome.

    I am so excited to have won your generous give-away!I have the exact spot all picked out to display the beautiful spring basket. Thank you, again!

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie, this is absolutely breathtaking. What an incredible before and after!!

    oxox
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your blog this morning and have been browsing around and it's full of inspiration and great ideas! I am a new follower an invite you to visit my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful transformation! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laurie, how does the front look? How did you work around the drawers?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cathy,

    The front side of the island has a stainless drawer dishwasher, and wine frig and four cabinets. The cabinet doors I had covered w/ bead board and painted the same French roast color.

    Thanks for visiting,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got this web site from my pal who shared with me concerning this website and at the moment
    this time I am browsing this site and reading very informative content here.



    Feel free to surf to my page ... http://friendsandfriendsoffriends.com/LillyShiv

    ReplyDelete
  10. You must obtain a detailed travel guide of India and look at about
    the places you will visit in India beforehand only.
    Some fabulous tour packages for various destinations of
    India are mentioned below:. Guests can take advantage of on-board massage centers, gyms,
    and wonder parlors, and also, bars and restaurants that offer exquisite cuisine
    for the culinary indulgence.

    Feel free to visit my web blog: india tours packages

    ReplyDelete
  11. Retractable leashes are available and allow you to vary
    the freedom that you give your dog. Other than these clothes you can find shoes in large varieties and there are accessories available such as lockets and necklaces
    and other ornaments. Since you have a lot of ranges and a lot of types of costumes that are made of dissimilar
    materials, you should be prepared to spend substantial time for buying them.


    Also visit my web site: stress at work risk assessment (pftours.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Bella Inspirations! I love reading your comments,thank you for taking the time to leave one!

Sincerely,
Laurie Blaswich