Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Custom Built-in Reveal

Hello everyone, I know you have all been waiting to see our finished built-in.Click here for my original story. Just a few days ago Robert gave me the green light,  the paint was dry enough and I could have my way with our new built-in. Tucked away in the corner of our office I transformed this eyesore niche seen below into a striking built-in.

(Right side of niche before)

 niche 4

( Back left corner before)

niche 2

(office niche before)

niche 1

 

 

( office built-in after)

built-in3 014_crop

Stunning bead board details grace this custom built-in. I designed it with a  spacious desk top work station,  perfect for a computer/study area, etc.

built-in3 003

I merchandised the built-in with lovely vintage antique items,  mostly collected from flea markets and garage sales. These items include old encyclopedias, cast iron pulley, vintage inspired clock, personalized worn leather suitcases, basket from France, etc.  So far this is what I’ve come up with,  and I will keep adding to it, of course.  We haven’t yet installed lighting,  I will also be on the look-out for an industrial style desk lamp.

builtin 008

  Seen below  is the canvas art I  hung inside our built-in,  it’s a world map that depicts one of Christopher Columbus’ three ships hung on a retractable rod. The inspiration came form Restoration Hardware’s retractable military world map $ 639.00. I duplicated  the same idea for $220.00. not bad eh?

builtin 009

I did my thing, and there is only one way to describe this floor-to-ceiling built-in

TALL DARK AND HANDSOME !!!!!!!

 

builtin 006

sig2

 

Do you have a vision of how you would like your home to look?

Do you need help putting it in motion?

For design inquires email me-n-you@verizon.net

7 comments:

  1. You must have taken these photos with your new camera. Your photos look awesome! Especially the last one...Can I move in? I love how you merchandised the shelves.

    oxox
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie, The built-in turned out wonderful and I love how you accessorized it. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laurie,

    Wow, that turned out beautifully. Love the color and texure. It's looks like a model home the way you decorated the shelves!

    Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christi KlosterMarch 27, 2011 2:58 PM

    Looks fabulous! It turned out wonderful! I love the bead board and corbels... so professional! And shelves merchandised perfectly! Love, Christi

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Laurie, although I have seen in person, the finished product looks amazing on the site and even better in person. The new camera takes amazing shots! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Bella Inspirations! I love reading your comments,thank you for taking the time to leave one!

Sincerely,
Laurie Blaswich