Thursday, February 3, 2011

Suburban home Part four

Now that the walls have been painted, Missy and I can start to put some of the finishing touches in place. Missy has a lovely photo collection of her three  “pups” oops girls, capturing some of her favorite moments.  She has decided to keep the trio of shelf/ ledges,  but do a little tweaking. 

(family room wall before)

Missy family room before 002

She had already had two pewter photo frames and decided to add more.   Of course,  I had to get my grubby little hands in the middle and do some rearranging. Gone are the artificial plants,  in with some larger scale items.   This charming clock  creates a focal point and adds a nice impact.  Lucky for us, she already had the clock.  Missy added a few more of her favorite images,  with just a skosh larger frames. Notice how significantly different the three shelves look? I didn’t change the location of the shelves,  just the items! What a beautiful family! Don’t you agree?

( family room wall after)

missy dining-niche 004

Just to the right of our newly worked shelving is her lovely fireplace and hearth.  The framed art above the fireplace is a classic signed  limited edition from the Marty Bell collection.  Although we admire it’s beauty, we have decided to move it to another location. I introduced Missy to some larger scale art for above her family room fireplace, which I will reveal tomorrow. She cracks me up,  she really got into scale/ proportion! Well, as you can imagine, with all these changes going on around the house Missy’s daughters have become quite curious about all these new changes.  Missy,  clever mother that she is,  is teaching her oldest(eleven yrs.) daughter, Kayla,  about scale and proportion, it’s toooo cute.  Meanwhile I asked her younger eight year old daughter, Lillian, “So, how do you like your newly decorated house?”  She replied with a big smile “I’m still getting used to it!” lol

(family room fireplace wall before)

 

Missy family room before 003

family room - painting in progress

christmas tree skirt 008

Thank you all for allowing me to share my designs with you.

xoxo

sig2

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving the transformation, Laurie! Keep it coming!

    oxox
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie,
    So glad you visited! Hope you come back often!
    I love how the larger photos closer together really brings it all into focus and the clock is a great finshing touch! Can't wait to see what you do over the fireplace! Will be checking in often!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. always i used to read smaller articles or
    reviews which as well clear their motive, and that is also happening
    with this paragraph which I am reading at this place.


    Feel free to surf to my web blog :: studiolinkedvst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Bella Inspirations! I love reading your comments,thank you for taking the time to leave one!

Sincerely,
Laurie Blaswich