Monday, December 13, 2010

Suburban home: Part two

I typically encourage my clients to spend their moola on a few timeless antique pieces. The niche seen below is brilliantly located,  it can be seen from several rooms in this house. My design concept was to utilize this niche with a large console or built – in.  As you folks know a built–in means custom,  and that comes with a fat price tag.  We chose  to bring in a console with a thick glass top 60” wide. As you can see the niche jogs out quite a bit more on the right,  than it does on the left. 

Missy was fortunate in that the previous homeowner had installed upgraded lighting throughout the house. Seen below the recessed lighting splendidly placed washes the niche walls.

 

Missy niche (3)

Missy’s new console being installed, we’re so excited!

Missy niche (2)

  Rustic corbels from Restoration Hardware's 20th – Century collection. Aren't they massive???? They are elaborately hand–carved of reclaimed teak. 

 Missy niche (5)

The mirror was a garage sale find. ( yay!)

 christmas tree skirt 005

 

By turning up the scale – literally – this console brings much warmth into this room. 

christmas tree skirt 006 

Behold  the striking console in it’s new home ( YAY!) 

missy dining-niche 011

Missy styled this stunning dreamy holiday vignette, no doubt she’s having fun playing with this new toy! We love the sparkling mercury glass.

missy dining-niche 010

Give your home a completely fresh new look.

I invite you to join me for Part three,  coming up soon.

sig2

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's impressive! Love this Laurie!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the console table Laurie! And the Christmas Decorations are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful!!!!!! I want some :)
    Merry Christmas to you!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie...I just finished looking this website and I am just amazed!!!
    I really enjoyed the before and after and want to compliment you are your expertise!! You do things that can make such a big difference in the look for a room!! I always knew that you were good at decorating and designing, however, until now that I actually got to see it and look at your ideas and read your advice on decorating...I realize Laurie that you are incredibly gifted. Your website is interesting, fun and filled with great ideas that leave me to thinking about a few things that I can do in my house or have done. I do not have a morsel of a drop of the decorating gene in me at all!!! So, I will check your website from time to time for more updates and look back on the old ones that I have not seen. Thank you! Carole M

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Bella Inspirations! I love reading your comments,thank you for taking the time to leave one!

Sincerely,
Laurie Blaswich