Sunday, October 10, 2010

LEANNE MICHAEL FLORALS AND INTERIORS

Now that I am in the process of introducing and representing  my home accessory line,  I have selected a different area for marketing in Southern California each week. After spending most of the week creating and designing my line, I was anxious to bring it to market. I decided to take a short drive north to the beautiful town of Summerland in Santa Barbara County.  An affluent quaint beach neighborhood, nestled between the Santa Ynez Mountains and the blue pacific ocean, with scenic coastal views of the Channel Islands. The enormous mountains seem to melt away into the ocean. . . . truly breathtaking! Oh, by the way did I mention it’s one of my favorite bargain-hunting  destinations for antiques.

Leann Michael Inter 027_crop

 

While walking around,  I noticed this newly opened store a little off the beaten path, [click here to enter Leanne’s website] Leanne Michael Florals and Interiors.   It immediately called to me,  when I glimpsed through the window, I saw this airy and inviting bright store.

 Leann Michael Inter 001_crop

 Her store invites you in with charming window boxes, fountains and salvaged Italian architecture.

IMG_9371

 

    Leanne Michael Interiors is perfect  for very chic antiques and striking French country decor.

 

Leanne,( cuddling her two boys? ) is a successful Interior designer, floral designer, business owner and a resident of Summerland, CA.  Once inside, she greeted me with big-time smiles and a warm friendly vibe. She has a cute, witty personality. Her shop has a very relaxed feeling.  She even plays trendy music. . .  I am now a big  fan of Lisa Presley . . . she rocks!

 

Leann Michael Inter 013

Stretching from the front door to the back, it’s amazing the vivid color palette throughout the shop as well as her stunning antique collection. Be still my beating heart. The shop features a  massive French chandelier in the center of the space. It seriously makes me hyperventilate.  

Leann Michael Inter 009

She used one of my grain sack jute pillows here to anchor this vignette. ( Click here to see more of my home accessory line.)

Leann Michael Inter 011

I love this 11 ft. rich antique overstuffed sofa it was designed by Leanne,  fabrics are one of the passions of the designer – nothing is ordinary here.

Leann Michael Inter 012

In this vignette she  paired my vintage linen pillow collection together and tastefully draped my jute table runner as a backdrop. It’s all balanced with soft faded colors from the hydrangeas. Leanne is so talented, I am humbled by this wonderful lady.

 

 

club chair 008

Her floral designs are featured throughout the shop. She gathers natural elements by color and chooses one as the anchor.  She mixes vibrant fresh orchids in a French urn with unexpected succulents. Gorgeous!

 

club chair 009

This isn’t your typical floral arrangement.

Best wishes to Leanne at her new location.

To see all of Leanne's talents visit her website click here.

 

sig2

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing store. I will make the effort to go up and see for myself! Your pillows, runners and other touches are a perfect pairing for her store. You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie,
    I so agree with your commnts re Leeanne Michael. When we visited her store, it all felt so warm and inviting, not to mention her awesome selection of antiques - I actually thought, "I could live here!" ... Oh yes, and the huge chandelier really wanted to come home with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie,
    I know Summerland...lovely. Your home line is very, very good. Nice work, bella. I'd like to see the one inspired by tuo babbo e Potenza, Italia. Brava a te!

    Kim Kelly
    BellaRustica Market

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Bella Inspirations! I love reading your comments,thank you for taking the time to leave one!

Sincerely,
Laurie Blaswich