Sunday, June 27, 2010

Arts & Craft Fair

My dear friend and confidant, Jacquie, owner of California Chic, and I decided to exhibit our handmade items at a local arts and crafts fair in May. Sorry about the photos everyone, I did my best.   

Brentwood craft s 010

I hung all my table runners on rolling garment racks, and asked my husband ( Robert) to place the ottoman directly in front of our display. He asked, “ Are you sure that’s where you want it ? Shoppers might decide it’s a good resting spot.” I confidently reassured him, “I doubt any shoppers would be daring enough to do that.” Little did I know Jacquie had one ear open.

More about the ottoman later. . . .

Brentwood craft s 015

After I rearranged our exhibit 100 times. I realized not only do I have to constantly tweak the decor in my home, I had to do the same with the show. (wink) 

 

Brentwood craft s 005

Jacquie and I went “fity- fity” on the craft fair entrance fee of $250.00.

 

Brentwood craft s 014

There is a certain charm in burlap that can add appeal to your home.

 

Brentwood craft s 006

Here is a better photo of the ottoman I made.  We heard a lot of stories about the famous hotel Chateau Marmont; it was quite an attention getter.

Brentwood craft s 013

 

Jacquie did her thing too . . . 

Brentwood craft s 007

Look at the darling rag-style quilted handbags & diaper bags,  blankets and accessories she uses dreamy fabric & colors. For an added splash, the baby blankets can even be personalized at your request …

nice touch Jacquie!

rag blanket

Although our items received a lot of attention,  this craft fair wasn’t a money maker for either of us. We didn’t even sell enough to cover our entrance fees . . Urgh

 

Soooo . . . . remember the  ottoman I  decided to place right out in front

Yep  . . . .

craft fair

Caught on Camera

By Jacquie. . .she’s a prankster !!!

 

 

 

signiture

For design inquiries,  write to Laurie at me-n-you@verizon.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Bella Inspirations! I love reading your comments,thank you for taking the time to leave one!

Sincerely,
Laurie Blaswich