Monday, June 28, 2010

1950’s Antique Cedar Chest – Part II

I left off last week after staining this trunk. I then applied clear polyurethane as a protector and

sealer. Then to revive the cedar inside the trunk I used a fine-grit sandpaper.  For fun, be sure to read

my original story here.

cedar chet before

(before)

cedar trunk 003

( after)

 

cedar trunk 001

 

cedar trunk 010

  I designed this trunk to be dual functioning - a cedar chest for storing linens,  clothing etc.,  and as a bench.  Ideas for where to use this bench include, mudroom,  entry,  foot of a bed. I also fashioned the chest with a trendy burlap cushion for rich visual texture.  Another finishing touch is the piping, a designers signature touch!!!

Do cedar trunks really work? { shrug} who cares? I just love the smell and come on now I live in Southern  California.  I don’t own a wool sweater  (wink).

 

For design inquiries,  write to Laurie at me-n-you@verizon.net

signiture

9 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful! Love all your designs! Your very talented my friend! Have a wonderful day! ~lulu

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful makeover, it looks great and I love the burlap cushion and your table runners. Very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful! You did a great job...love the cushion too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous piece! I love the burlap cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super, what a nice blog, it's really good thing for anyone who want to good informational, if you want to know about Cedar Trunks then check it. and such a nice platform for better information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I desire to subscribe for this webpage to get hottest updates, therefore where can i
    do it please help out.

    Here is my homepage: bmr calculator

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today, I went to the beach with my children. I found a sea shell and
    gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to her ear
    and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!


    My webpage - how to lose weight fast for women

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Bella Inspirations! I love reading your comments,thank you for taking the time to leave one!

Sincerely,
Laurie Blaswich