Friday, May 21, 2010

Church Rummage Sale- Part two

Hello you all, you know when I’m not blogging ???? . . . . . I’m most certainly up to something?

If you haven’t read my Church Rummage Sale post in January,  here’s a recap . . . 

 
Church Rummage Sale

Early one Saturday morning my good friend Jennifer and I found this charming wicker chair.  Belonging to a set of six additional wicker pieces.  I noticed a very interested buyer waiting to swoop in on my find,  so I quickly asked the church member “How much is your wicker set ?” He replied,  “$50.00,” as I rifled through my pocket,  I could barely get the moe (money) out fast enough. The wicker set included an amazing settee glider, two chairs ( one is a glider), ottoman, end table w/glass top, serving cart with glass top. WOW!

 

  Jennifer graciously  offered to haul the MOTHER LODE home for me. Her pick-up truck was stuffed full from top to bottom!! That's when I realized I loooove and adore this wonderful lady . . . We had the giggles as we drove away . . .

Grain sack 009

(Before)

 

After further inspection,  I realized the paint was original and very charming. Hmph? I did want to keep it all original, but the wicker had quite a bit of mildew discoloration.

   My thoughts were to paint or not to paint ????

 

 

Here is where I left off back in January . . . .

 

I finally decided this yummy wicker set needed a fresh coat of paint.  After a trip to several stores, I realized none of them had the color I had envisioned in spray paint. Urgh

 

 

 

Inspiration paint color

 

$99.99 after $50 OFF  Portofino 3-pc Folding Bistro Set

 

… Sooo    Plan B, I custom mixed an oil base raw umber, hand brushed two labor-intensive coats .

wicker redo 001

 (after)

I plan to do tufting on the back cushion soon,  . . . ANOTHER PROJECT!!!

Seen below inspiration fabric, deep rust tones with coordinating stripe.

 

Lily Bay Collection 6 Pc. Spice Casual Seating Set

Is this seat taken ???

wicker redo 002

Robert and I took our first trip downtown to the fabric mart,  to purchase foam and batting and upholstery supplies, $110.00.

 

wicker redo 007

Still waiting for some love. :-)

 

wicker redo 006 

 Chair and ottoman before cushions after two coats of paint.

via aurora patio 017

 

 

My sewing machine will be on full throttle the next few days. Stay tuned for Part Three!!!

I hope you have an inspiring weekend!!

 

 

 

For design inquiries,  write to Laurie at me-n-you@verizon.net

 

sig2

6 comments:

  1. Laurie, how can I ever forget that day...we had so much fun! Your chairs and the front of your house are looking gorgeous, my dear!

    oxox
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie,
    I could not find your e-mail on your blog. I am happy to give you my graphic artist's point of contact information and you two can talk about transferring your graphic to fabric. He needs a high resolution graphic and very specific details. I can also handle it for you if you'd like and actually make the pillow. Let me know. Cell is 619.944.2465. Kim Kelly for Bella Rustica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love!!! Beautiful job, really beautiful! Great find...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE your blog. Entering to win your giveaway over at my sweet savannah. Fingers crossed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just became your newest follower. Found you through the giveaway over at Sweet Savannah. Cant wait to see more from you:)
    Sarah
    HandbagsnPigtails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you really did hit the "mother lode!". I love your inspiration picture and also your "after" photo! The chair is so gorgeous! I can't wait to see your entire set finished! It's going to be beautiful! Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Bella Inspirations! I love reading your comments,thank you for taking the time to leave one!

Sincerely,
Laurie Blaswich