Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A love of Mirrors

I snagged this mirror from Pacific Auction Galleries in Southern California. Although I really liked the gold leaf and the fantastic scroll design!  I noticed there was a tiny chip in the paint revealing white paint underneath? I got my hands on a small putty knife . . . scrape . . scrape . . . scrape. . . excitement!!!  I did my thing. :-)

chippy mirror 012 

I love the eye-catching chippy paint!!! delightful isn’t it ???? 

This mirror is an antique treasure, I don’t remember how much I bought it for because I bought it about ten years ago ???

chippy mirror 021

Pretty nifty, eh? I enjoy decorating in unconventional ways.

chippy mirror 004 

I searched for other items to complement my vision in this charming vignette.

 

chippy mirror 009

 

Have a creative day!

Fondly Laurie

4 comments:

  1. definitely more daring than me with the mirror, but you know, I actually like the way it turned out. And I have to admit, definitely eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh I love the white chippy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came from the Old Painted Cottage, how lovely to discover this blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Bella Inspirations! I love reading your comments,thank you for taking the time to leave one!

Sincerely,
Laurie Blaswich