Friday, February 12, 2010

NOVEL IDEAS WITH BURLAP

 

 

I suppose that part of life is learning to adjust our mind set,  and embrace change . . . especially design changes! Some of you might not be devoted to the burlap look. But I’m becoming quite a fan of it! This last month at every available opportunity,  I’ve been designing with burlap. I hope the photos below will inspire you!

 

 

burlap runners 020

 

gnash your choppers on this tasty deliciousness . . .

 

burlap runners 013

 

love the frayed fringe . .

 

 

burlap runners 015

 

This runner oversized runner would look phenomenal on a farm table.

 

burlap runners 022

 

 

 

 

 

burlap runners 018

 

I used this vintage brown velvet ribbon with a shorter fringe edge for a more sophisticated look.

 

burlap runners 008

 

 

burlap runners 009

 

 

 

burlap runners 004

 

I worked in a little fun photography too. :-)

 

burlap runners 007

 

Did my thing again with this double thickness runner and selvedge ruffle.

 

 

burlap runners 027

 

I will be adding new ideas that will inspire you to express your style.  Look for even more burlap designs soon.

Happy weekend !!

 

For design inquiries,  write to Laurie at me-n-you@verizon.net

 

4 comments:

  1. Your new runners are gorgeous Laurie, and so is your photography! Wow!

    oxox
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting touch Laurie, I like the idea of old and new together. As always, very creative ideas. And not too bad with the camera action too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to have two of your runners - especially love the style w/brown velvet ribbon. Please quote sizes and prices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these runners. Such creativity!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Bella Inspirations! I love reading your comments,thank you for taking the time to leave one!

Sincerely,
Laurie Blaswich