Thursday, January 28, 2010

Foyer Reveal

 

I designed these three mirrors to hang,  with each frame touching. This gives the illusion of a faux window. They bring tremendous light into this dark foyer!

Let the sun shine in . . .

 

foyer re

 

Please excuse the dark photos,  I took the photos on a (much needed) rainy day.

Love the scroll work on this Antique iron console !!! It’s a keeper . . .

 

 foyer reveal retouch  

 

 

A wide natural burlap ribbon used around the pottery adds texture!

 

 

foyer reveal 004

 

 

Yummy fresh elements in my vignettes . . . .

 The fresh oranges add a punch of color . . . .Fresh squeezed anyone ???

 

 

foyer reveal 016

 

 

 

 

 

foyer reveal 013

 

This white Cymbidium orchid is one of the most SPECTAULAR, I’ve ever seen !!! I incorporated the “drapey” moss for extra visual interest.

 

 

foyer reveal 011

 

 

I have a pet peeve about using artificial  flowers in any shape or form . This “drapey” moss is the enemy, silk!

 

 

foyer reveal 012

 

   Rich Carrera marble is timeless! :-) Doesn’t she have nice legs ???

 

 

leg

 

 

For design inquiries,  write to Laurie at me-n-you@verizon.net

 

8 comments:

  1. I certainly love all your touches. I really makes a house a home! I love the antique table too. I am sure this is a treasured pieces and a great focal point for an entry. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. foyer looks amazing..setting the stage as you walk into your warm and inviting home! great job! lulu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I would never have thougt to hang the mirrors like that and I love it. What a great idea.
    Is the bow that is tied around the flower pot made out of burlap?
    That is what it looks like.
    Thanks for sharing.
    "Hug's"
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie, those mirrors are gorgeous and I love your vignette with the 'pop of orange'!

    oxox
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. One way or another, I'm going to use every one of your ideas! Beautiful! Photos are great. No doubt you're a talented designer. Good luck to you!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Laurie,
    Great ideas! They look so prettty.
    I am making some glittery hearts, cones, boxes and wreaths for Valentine's Day.
    Have a great weekend,
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful outcome, you must be delighted! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Bella Inspirations! I love reading your comments,thank you for taking the time to leave one!

Sincerely,
Laurie Blaswich